12/10/2015

Virgin Australia

I travelled domestic with Virgin Australia and twice was enough not to bother again. 

The only thing I liked was their pricing, but the rest was average or not good. I expected the service on board to be basic, due to the pricing, and it was, but I also found that customer service was poor.


There is a young-and-fabulous culture in Virgin that I don't like. When I travel I want the culture of I-am-really-helpful-to-customers, but I found I-don't-give-a-dam-about-you attitude instead that put me off immediately. The thing is that the staff were very friendly and smiley, just not into customers unless you were a toddler or a kid. I ordered a paid meal, and they forgot about it. I could see the staff 'too busy' chatting among themselves, so I had to order it again.

They have good prices if you don't carry any check-in luggage, but their flights are basic and Virgin has more probabilities of cancelling a flight than other companies (together with Tiger Air). Their pricing is similar to Jetstar and Qantas, but they aren't as good to me. So they are at the bottom of my domestic preferred airlines in Australia