12/05/2015

Logitech Touch Mouse T620

I was ready for a change of mouse, ready for a new phase in my life where everything is touchy-feely -- like my tablet, like my smartphone, like my travel computer. I was hyperventilating when I found this mouse half price, from 70+ dollars reduced to just 38. I ran like a kid in Christmas Eve to get it. Mine! Mine! Mine! My excitement ended when I started to use it.

Although this mouse is specifically designed for Windows 8, it is compatible with Windows 7 and started to use it with the latter system. I still have to use it with Windows 10.

THE GOOD
The mouse is glossy, stylish, sophisticated and beautiful overall. It feels like a Porshe mouse. The size is good for people with big hands  or with small hands, quite ergonomic, and has a very enjoyable dry click, and is silky to the touch. One of the things I like the most about this mouse is its scrolling system, which is very smooth, effective and enjoyable, and you can scroll vertically and horizontally; that deserves a mini-wow.


You can use this mouse for many more things than you might want to use a mouse, so I wonder if this should be called a mouse or not. Of course, if you want a mouse to use it as a mouse and nothing else you should buy another one, or just customise this to your like, and active or deactivate functions in the configurations area.

One of the coolest things about this mouse is that the USB port allows you to connect up to six different Logitech compatible mice/devices without the need of switching port. That is great. I actually use the USB port of this mouse with another Logitech mouse, not this one
 
THE NOT SO GOOD
This is the most annoying mouse I have ever had. I truly think it is too much, too nerdy, too little and too wrong! Bimbo mouse! As if the device had been launched to the market before being perfected, launched in a diarrhoeic sort of way.

For example, it is designed mostly for browsing, not to use it with Word or any other Office Suit because, something as simple as clicking, can become a challenge at times. Moreover, once you configure it to your main browser, say Chrome, you have to do the same with any other browser you have, say Opera. Isn't that stupid? The lower part of the mouse is too sensitive, so you will find yourself cursing when you touch it by accident and the mouse does what it supposed to do. I feel that the mouse controls me, not the other way around.

I thought I would use it as a normal mouse, but this mouse was not designed to be normal. Is like wanting a supermodel to work as a cleaner in a food-hall. And, pardon me Sir Logitech, this is not a touch mouse, this is a TAP mouse. Touch is what I do when I use my tablet and my smartphone with my fingertips.

I feel sorry for the people who paid 70+ dollars for it. I paid 38 and I think it is a waste of my money. I use it as a spare device, to give my hands a rest and a change of posture at times, but it never lasts too much on my desk because it gets me annoyed.

Save your money. I wasted mine to tell you. You are welcome.