12/21/2015

Dick Smith (Online Retailer)

 


Dick Smith have plenty of just-online offers, like pro-rate expense discounts, or day specials, beyond what is in the catalogue, so I decided to try the online shop to buy two items I needed and take advantage of one of their special online weekend discounts. The prices were already fantastic, but I saved 30 extra bucks on the spot.  Their delivery fees were really cheap.  

The purchase online was very easy and I promptly received confirmation of the processing and shipping of my order. They provided me with a tracking link, which mentioned that I better  until after 7pm next day to get any info about my order. I did so on at the requested time to no avail, and the same next day in the morning without results. I called Dick Smith's Customer Service and they redirected me to the freight company. The lady on the phone was lovely but she could not track my parcel with the info I had been provided with and none of the numbers worked; she guessed that the parcel has not been dispatched yet and that was the reason.  Not even two hours later, the delivery guy showed up at my place! That was a day and a half after my purchase online, which is fantastic. 

They need to solve their tracking reference system because it could have happened that my parcel was late, or I was not at home, and it would have been an annoyance for all the parts involved. Nobody wants to be glued to their place to wait for a delivery that has no day or time on it. They just show up. So a working tracking link is necessary. 

Beyond that my experience online was very good.


Recommended