12/08/2015

Replica Furniture Online (Online Retailer)



I decided to give Replica Furniture a go after seeing the positive reviews posted online and just because I could not find in my city the Hans Wegner replica chair in the stain I wanted.  I had seen and touched the chair in many stores before I ordered from RF and I knew in advance how the chair's build, thickness, finishes, colours and textures should be.  

The chair took a bit over 24 hours to be dispatched from the home Brisbane store and was sent to me via Toll EPC. A tracking link was provided to me immediately after dispatch and Toll sent me a SMS when my parcel was out for delivery.  The chair arrived within the estimate time of delivery mentioned by the retailer.


The delivery fees aren't bad taking into account that, well, we are talking items of furniture that need of a bit of extra-packing and care.  Pricing was similar to that in most medium-range furniture shops I had visited in my city. 

Regarding the quality of the item I received, well, it is a bit average, not that good but not bad either. The chair is poorly assembled and stained, and the joints between legs and seat area underneath were not stained or were roughly so. The top coat stain is just OK. The quality of the wood is just OK. The quality of faux-leather seat cover is OK.  In short, this is not the solid polished chair I had seen in the stores in my city for  similar price. 

I expected the chair to be delivered assembled, because the site does not state the opposite, and it was! However, nothing is mentioned in the site. It would be great if Replica Furniture provided customers with explicit information regarding whether any given piece comes fully assembled or not. Also, it would be great if RF  provided customers with an approximate date when an out-of-stock item will be back in stock, so that customers can decide whether waiting or not.

I always hesitate to buy furniture online, and this was the first time I took the plunge. My experience with Replica Furniture was hassle free, fast and very satisfactory regarding the service they provide, but a bit disappointing regarding the quality of the materials used in the product I ordered.
Yet, I would not hesitate to order from them again if I needed any small accessory or I was in need of a medium-price spare chair that could not be found in a city store. If I wanted to buy top-notch quality I would go elsewhere.