12/20/2015

Kathmandu Pocket Backpack

Usually I don't fancy Kathmandu's own brand products, but this foldable pocket backpack is a brilliant exception. Actually these pocket backpacks are  is my travellers kit hall of fame after using them for years.  Why are they worth having? Because they are:
> Foldable. If don't want to fold it, you can still fit it anywhere as it is made of nylon and, therefore, very flexible and lightweight.
 > Great quality. They truly last for ever.
>  Very light, about 150- 200 grams depending on the model you buy.
> Adjustable shoulder straps. And you detach the bottom when you fold the back into the pocket. 
> Detachable waist strap.
> Roomy, 15 L average. I use my old one for doing the grocery shopping and I can carry many kilos in it, many! 
> They can be washed with hand soap and will be as new.
 > Good looking!
> Unisex.
> They are truly practical for every day travelling and touring. I got many compliments ("I would like to get one of those, where do you buy them?" sort of thing) from non-Australians as I take this every time I travel.

Kathmandu tends to change the colouring of these from year to year, and readjusts the design from time to time, still keeping all the features that make this backpack the awesome product it is.

These backpacks are usually expensive but, in cases like these, when I know the product is great, I tend to wait for the big sales, like Boxing Day or Mid Year sales when you can get them at very reduced prices. Also, the older models are cheaper and more discounted than the new ones; if you have budget, the oldie is still as good quality as the newbie just not as trendy.