4/23/2012

Absolute Tribal Restaurant (Kuching, Malaysia)

No. 24, Upper Ground Floor, Hills Shopping Mall,
No. 8 Jalan Bukit Mata, 93000, Kuching, Malaysia

GOOD THINGS
+ The atmosphere is contemporary, pleasant colours and different spaces to chose from.
+ The staff are extremely friendly.
+ They have buffet lunch some days of the week and if you order take away for lunch they will serve your very fast.
+ Nice natural juices prepared on the spot.
+ They have decent food, both Thai and Malay. For my evening dinner I ordered a Midin Kerabu which was delicious, and, as a main, a Fried Prawn with Assam Sauce that was very tasty. However, the prawns being in their shell, the plate turned to be mostly shells and not much to eat, despite the 36 MYR I paid for it. The waitress recommended this way, but I thought, at the end, that this only benefits the restaurant, which uses less prawns for the same dish. Otherwise, please be more generous!

BAD THINGS
+ The service is SLOW in the evenings. The drinks came 10 minutes after ordering, the entrée and main course were severed at the same time at about 30 minutes after ordering. People who came after me got their food before I did. I find that unacceptable for such a pricey restaurant.
+ Totally overpriced.
+ Poor selection of sweets.
+ Small serves

    Visited January 2012