4/21/2012

UHA Jewellery (Perth WA)

Shop H15 Carillion City
Hay St Level
Perth Western Australia 6000
(08) 9481 6668


Opening Hours:

Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Friday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm

Bling is certainly the adjective that best define UHA - a small shop in the Carillon Arcade selling fashion jewellery, character mugs, calculators, land-line telephones, and mobile accessories. You have certainly passed-by their shop-window and stopped to look at those wonderful blingy 1960s-style crystal telephones in different shapes. The items on display are from Korea, Japan and, well, can you guess?, China. 

The phones are the best part of the shop, and those cute Hello-Kitty Mugs. The jewellery on display is very pretty, but nothing really wow. The prices are too high for the sort of items they are selling, and you will find similar pieces in Lovisa, Diva, Colette, and other chain shops at cheaper prices. To buy a piece of something there you have to ask yourself: Do I fancy this so much as to pay the price? In my case, the answer was yes, and I bought a pair or artsy creative earrings for 35 dollars, discounted. The real retail price of those should be AU$15-20 maximum. I really love them, but I can buy a simple silver piece for that price at some shops in the same arcade. I think other shoppers will opt for looking at the items on display and going elsewhere. 

My experience with the shop-attendant was very good, and the cute girl attending UHA -so very cute and fashionista herself- was lovely, helpful and very nice. She gave me a personalised shopping experience, so she was attending to me, not to the shop or to her computer or the cashier.