4/16/2012

Jean Pierre Sancho Café (Hay St, Perth WA)

878 Hay St
Perth Western Australia 6000
(08) 9226 2434
http://www.jpsancho.com.au

 Hours:
     Mon-Fri 7:00 - 18:00
     Sat 8:00 - 17:00
     Sun 9:00 - 17:00


I had heard so many things about this cafe that my expectations were very high regarding everything. I mean, this is an awarded cafe that has been mentioned in the media and is in everybody's mouth.

The coffee was very good, although the cup a bit small.

The service was terrific, regarding friendliness, speed, and attention to the client.

The cake I tried, supposedly the lightest of the cakes on display (as I requested), was too sugary, too rich and thick for my spoon go through it without the need of a knife or my fingers. The taste was OK.

I found the place average regarding atmosphere and layout, and it hit me hard that the place was full of ladies wearing their Sunday "froofroos" on a Saturday, seating and acting as if they were at a posh French bistro. Sorry to wake you up ladies, but this is an average every-day sort of French cafe, not the one that French ladies would dress to go to.

I cannot understand the hype about the place, really, really, really.