7/10/2012

Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (Nedlands, Perth WA)

Ground Floor, G Block
Hospital Avenue
Nedlands, WA 6009
(08) 9346 3333
Emergencies's Website
Hospital's Website


I was taken by a 000 ambulance to the hospital last year, and I expended most of the day there. This review if just for my experience at the Emergencies Department, not about the hospital in general.

Although, as many hospitals, CGH would need a bit of spatial revamping and modernisation, they did a great job. I was taken care of properly, all the tests needed at the moment were done, different medications were tried, and, most importantly, the staff treated me as an individual who was suffering, and did their job with empathy, care, and even affection, if that can be said. I was there on my own, so this was even more important and appreciated. Still, they were treating everybody at the Emergencies with the same medical and human care. I was very impressed. 

There were a few interns there, and they were not only cute but extremely caring, and the same can be said of the permanent staff, especially Dr Peter who was there when I visited. There was a steady flow of people entering the hospital that day, but the area did not seem crowded or chaotic, and I felt that my case was handled properly, and that the area was clean, tidy, spacious and well taken care of.

There were two persons who stood out because of their jerkily behaviour towards me, a male nurse and a clerk. It escapes my understanding why uncaring people would want to work in a hospital unless they have some sort of sociopathy. Still, they were the exception to a wonderful experience, if that can be said or any day-long stay at the Emergencies.