5/14/2012

Just Cuts (Perth WA)

Shop 30B, 650 Murray St
West Perth Western Australia 6005
(08) 9218 9332
http://www.justcuts.com.au/
Hours:
    Mon-Thu 9:00 - 17:30
    Fri 9:00 - 21:00
    Sat 9:00 - 17:00
    Sun 12:00 - 17:00

Just Cuts is a no-fuss hair salon that does just one thing. Guess what? Just cuts. Yes, snobby people out there, don't frown at met thinking that I am a 70yo. housewife with a big bottom that has no style whatsoever, while you funky among the mainstream funky cannot put your feet at JC.

Just Cuts is a no-nonsense no-fuss hair-salon with experienced hairdressers that give you a good haircut for a trifle of a price: below 30 dollars if you have shampooed you hair in the last 24 hours and 40 bucks if you need shampoo and dry off with your cut. This explains why the place if full of men,  but also full of pensioners and, well, ME!  Why me, gorgeous creature on Planet Earth? Well, it is cheap, the hairdressers are good (experienced, skilled, matter of fact with their scissors, even some foreign cool dudes and girls), and I get what I want for a third of what I would pay elsewhere. I go to an unpretentious unglamorous cheap place and leave the place as the glamazone I am.  Should I be ashamed?

You can drop by and have your hair cut on the spot, or, if the place is very busy, as usually happens on Saturdays, you can return in half an hour. No booking needed.

My advice to get great results at Just Cuts: 

  1. You need to know what exactly you want,  and suits you.
  2. You need to tell them exactly how much you want cut, how do you want your hair styled. Don't be shy. Otherwise they could be lazy or focus on the conversation.  
  3. If you are happy with one of the hairdressers ask for him/her, although, beware, they change a lot. 
  4. Don't go at peak hours, but at an odd ones, when there won't be many customers around and the hairdressers are more relaxed and can spend more time with you and your hair!

To be honest, if you don't know what you want, or want something super-Oscars go elsewhere. One thing if for sure. If you have a disaster result at least you haven't paid the fortune you pay at other salons where you, indeed, get disaster cuts.To be honest, I always gets asked where I cut my hair, and people are surprised that JC is the place.