5/19/2012

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
KH Tower, Jalan Punchak,
Off Jalan P. Ramlee.
50250 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Tel : 603 2332 7777
Fax : 603 2031 2492

http://www.pacific-regency.com/
info@pacific-regency.com

reservation@pacific-regency.com



The Hotel is in the heart of the city, at walking distance from shopping malls, sights and transport nods.  The KL Tower and the Petronas are minutes away, and so are the Pavillion and Suria Shopping Malls, the restaurant, coffee and pub strip, the Hop-on Hop-off Bus, the monorail and the metro. Location Location!

My apartment-room was huge, and had a separate lounge and bedroom, a complete kitchen, a huge
bathroom with a decent selection of amenities, a king-size hard bed, two plasma TVs, a good selection of international channels, the newspaper delivered daily for free, among other things - A litte home away from home.

The staff (at reception, housekeeping and tour-desk) were super-friendly, always ready to help. I thought they guys at reception desk were flatted out sometimes and that they needed a bigger desk and at least two extra hands to attend cues, and also an extra hand to attend to in-house guests going out or coming in with their keys and queries. The same pleasant impression I got from he taxi-drivers that work at the entrance of the hotel, although I did used them rarely. They were courteous, never pushy, and informative if you want to walk around. If Saita is available, let her take you around.


I booked a room for non-smoker but this was not available and I was given one in a smoking floor. However, my room was sprayed and no odour was perceptible; however, the external corridors smelled a bit. The room was also sprayed for pests during my stay; I thought that they should have done so when the room was empty; although there was no smell after the spray, this could spark all sort of allergic or poisonous reactions.

The kitchen barely had a few items of crockery, cutlery and glasses, which were not enough to cook basic stuff in the apartment, so I had to contact Housekeeping. I expect a hotel like this to provide guests with basic kitchenware without the guest having to call the housekeeper for it. Moreover, there was no microwave! I mean, this is a four-star hotel and we are in the 21st century.


There is a one restaurant, café-bar and night bar in the hotel, but I did not visit them. I found more interesting wandering the surrounding area or heading to posh Suria Mall and finding my treat of the day there. 

One of the main downs of the hotel is the level of noise in some rooms - namely mine. The aircon is old and rattles a lot, especially during the night if you leave it on, or if your neighbours do so, as the hotel has ducted aircon, not individual pieces. Moreover, my apartment was close (almost at arm's reach!) to a huge crane doing demolition/construction works, and the noise bas a bother sometimes, especially at night.

Overall, this is a very good hotel, good-priced and good-serviced, but needs to be updated to provide the guest with a better selection of kitchenware and a silent air-con system. The new wing is already refurbished and open, and I hope the old rooms, like the one I stayed in, are updated by now.

    Stayed December 2011