8/04/2024

Stardrops The Pink Stuff Cleaning Paste 850 g

This is the new kid on the block on the household cleaning world. I've never heard of this brand before, but it seems to be all around the Internet, with raving reviews and impacting videos. 
 
A cleaning paste sounded something new to me, and this is why I got this tube and not other cleaning products on the same range. They describe it as a miraculous paste that cleans myriad surfaces grime and grease, so I have tried it on different surfaces to check it out myself.
 
As per my photos, I've tried it on a pot and a frying pan base, which  I scrubbed with a metallic scoured in the past without being able to remove the dry stained grease. I applied a thin coat using a soft scrubber, let it stay for 30 minutes, then scrubbed it off with the same metallic scourer, applied a new coat, left it stay for about 10-15 minutes more and scrubbed again. As you can see, there is a noticeable difference and I was able to remove most, but not all, the grease. So, it is not like in the videos you see on social media where everything comes off easily. It does not work like that. 
 
I've also used the product as a normal surface cleaner in my kitchen, on the stove ceramic top, and the washing metallic sinks and bathroom tiles. It works well and quicker that way with barely any rubbing or scrubbing, leaving the surfaces clean and polished.
 
I love the creaminess and lovely scent of the product, how easily cleans and polishes, and the many uses it has. Yet, the company statements about rubbing gently before rising off are only true is you aren't removing any tough stains or grime or grease.
 
The company claims that the product is non-toxic,  vegan and non tested in animals, things that are all important to me. Yet, what is this miracle product made of? The ingredient list on the tube says "among others" soap, perfume and preservatives, and asks you to go to their website for the full list. That is unacceptable. Say, for example, that a pet or child consumes this by accident, you would want to know which ingredients are in the tub before heading to emergency services. I've gone to their website and the product has quartz, aqua, soap, sodium carbonate, sodium silicate, sodium bicarbonate, glycerin, perfume, ensizothiazolinone, Methylisothiatzolione, Layralamine Dipropylenediamine, and CI  45170 (I guess this is the pink colour). The website also says it's mildly abrasive and to use with care; so, after all, it sounds like slightly toxic and pretty chemical to me.