8/25/2024

Spiral-Bound Cold-pressed 140lb/300gsm Watercolour paper pad (26.5 x 26.5 cm, 20 sheet)

This large-ish pad is not only affordable and good looking but, most importantly, it has a terrific smooth watercolour paper. I've used it with Posca pens, collage, acrylic paints, water soluble materials, and stands most media without any gesso layer. Needless to say, I gesso the pages when I want to make sure that I can rub or lightly scratch the surface of my paintings. Acrylic inks will bleed if the pages are not gessoed.
 
I've  tried many watercolour pads and art journals as sketchbook, and this one is at the top of my list due to its quality and price. The only downside is the fact that I cannot open the spiral rings, which is a bit of an annoyance as I'd like to do that to work on each sheet individually without worrying about how to protect the pad from staining. Yet, I've found my way, and this is still a great sketchbook pad for watercolour, water-soluble media and acrylic paints of different viscosity.