8/12/2024

Drain Clean Liquid Enzyme Cleaner 1 Litre

II bought it to try it with my slow drainage kitchen sink, which is especially slow in winter.

After reading the instructions on the back, it's clear to me that this product mostly cleans odours and prevent clogs.  It takes a minimum of 24 hours to work, which is not always reasonable if you, like me, use the sink every day. Besides, it says it needs to be used for several weeks to see a difference. Dismal. I'm a bit disappointed as my home piping is really old and needs something that works fast.

I followed the instructions, which say which quantity of product to use for slow drainage and for clogs. The quantity I used for slow drainage made no difference. Then, I used 3/4 of the bottle and there was a slight difference; yet, the water is still running down slow and pools in the sink if I keep the tap open. I let it work for 24 hours, but no dramatic effect.

This is, supposedly, an eco-friendly enzyme drain cleaner. Yet, when I read the ingredients list, it says it has Sodium Hydroxide, non-Ionic Surfactant and water. Well, better than other similar cleaners, yet it is a chemical product, just less harmful than others.

Personally, I would use this is my pipping was working normally, just once a fortnight to deodorize and prevent problems in the drainage,  but not with a slink like mine, where the product barely worked and was a waste of money.