6/16/2012

The Grumpy Sailor Northbridge (Perth WA) - CLOSED

212 William St
Perth Western Australia 6000
(08) 9227 0930

http://www.thegrumpysailor.com.au/
 http://www.facebook.com/thegrumpysailor

Closed Down

The Grumpy Sailor Northbridge on Urbanspoon A wooden bookshop with a café is my sort of favourite café, the one that invites me to enter, perhaps because I associate both things with nice interesting people. However,
I am very picky with my coffee. I like it to taste of coffee, smell of coffee and have consistency or creaminess. We get coffee concoctions in most of the city, not proper coffee, so when I found the Grumpy's I thought my prayers to the Olympus had been heard.

The Grumpy Sailor Northbride  had my super-favourite coffee in Northbridge by far regarding taste, consistency and creaminess. They had a great selection of home-made cakes, too, although I never tried them. Not only that, the staff really gave the visitor a genuine friendly treatment and conversation, teamed up in genuine friendliness with the lovely guys attending to the New Edition's bookshop. Winner team! Something that you rarely see nowadays, as you get to a café and your "good morning" is not replied to.

Despite so, the Grumpy Sailor struggled to survive in Northbridge, and closed down its doors a few months after opening. How can that be possible?! I truly can't believe that cafés in the Perth Cultural Centre get all the hype and people cueing for average coffee and poor service, while the Grumpy Sailor struggled to survive. What is wrong with you people?!!!! Well, I know exactly what is wrong with you people...

The place was mostly for take-away coffee, as the seating space was limited to a few benches on the footpath and a little corner inside, so this might be one of the reasons why they did not attract more customers.



Fortunately the Grumpy's are still open in Fremantle. 

Please come back grumpys!