6/14/2012

The Merchant Tea & Coffee (Perth WA) - CLOSED

183 Murray St
Perth Western Australia 6000
(08) 9221 1323
http://www.themerchant.com.au
Hours:
    Mon-Thu 6:30 - 19:00
    Fri 6:30 - 21:00
    Sat 7:00 - 19:00
    Sun 8:00 - 18:00

The Merchant Tea & Coffee Perth on Urbanspoon The thing I like the most about the Merchant at Murray is that it is located in the busiest place of the city, but it is an intimate place for you to escape the world. The atmosphere of the place has always mesmerised me, me being a sucker for old colonial style, woodiness, cosy corners, little iron tables, ceiling fans, wood shelves and pigeon-hole areas with plenty of coffee-related stuff, and cozy corners with people whispering their secrets unaware that there is no noise-insulating bubble protecting them.  The whole furniture and decoration of the place is wonderful, and very welcoming and inviting to stay there for a long time, and that is why the place is usually full. Groups tend to seat in the terrace outside, though, while couples and solitude seekers tend to seat indoors.

However, the coffee they serve is just OK - Average, as well as their cakes, or at least the ones I have tried in the past. I haven't eaten there for a few years. Back then the food was simple but good, but I cannot say how things are at present. I will try again and report back. 


The service is just OK.