2/27/2022

Kaisercraft KAKC017 Colour Acrylic Paint, Navy Blue

I'm a fan of these Kaisercraft gouache/water-soluble acrylic paint tubes, as they're reasonably good for the price and have a decent quantity of product in them.

I usually find the name the brand gives to the colours accurate as it reflects the known colour or it rightly hints to what we can expect. However, in this case I find that the blue is not navy blue, it is too light for that. The thing is, on the exterior, it actually looks like navy-blue, but the paint itself does not, as per my swatches above. On the other hand, this blue is just wonderful and can be diluted to get lighter blue tones as per my photo above.

MIND

> Liquid body not medium or heavy body acrylic. Almost a glaze.
> This is a water-soluble acrylic. I read this as a gouache, which is OK with me.
> The colour changes considerably when dry, this is because of the water-soluble nature of it.
> The tube cannot be placed vertically due to the cap being tiny, so it has to be stored horizontally.