7/02/2014

Recharge.Com (Online Retailer)



I bought a cheap prepaid Orange Mundo SIM card in Spain to use during my visit there. This particular SIM card is very good for international roaming, so I decided to use it during my long trip abroad. Unfortunately, I forgot to open an online account to recharge it online before I left Spain, so I found myself in the middle of nowhere unable to recharge my mobile phone.

I found Recharge.com via Google. The site allows you to top up prepaid cards from +300 mobile carriers spread throughout + 70 countries. You can pay with your credit card, Paypal and a good number of other safe ways of payment, which vary from country to country (iDeal, Bancontact, KBC Homebanking, ING Home-Bank, Sofort, and Giropay). The site charges a fee for the transaction, but it is tiny and shown beforehand, so it is up to you to continue or not. The fees I have paid are very small in comparison with the benefit and service I got from them.

Recharge.com can be browsed in several languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Portuguese and Polish) and has a very easy to use website, with everything you need to know told to you upfront in the FAQs. 

It sounds too good to be true? Well, it is good and it is true!

I have used the service four times during my trip across different countries and the top-up was immediate. I used my VISA card as as payment (normal info requested plus extra verification info) and not even five minutes later I received an SMS from my mobile carrier confirming the top up amount. Therefore, I was able to use my mobile immediately! Awesome!

The service is specially useful in small and remote countries if you are using a local SIM, but also available to carriers in USA Spain an Poland. See the map below to check if the card you have can be recharged via this site. Of course, you can top up your card from any country in the world, online, even if they don't have any carrier providing their services through this site:


MIND
If you introduce the wrong number, there is no way to rectify or recover your money, as the top up is available to customers immediately! So mind your fingers and open your eyes!