12/05/2023

Sof Sole shoe goo - Clear

I've used this glue three times and I've had mixed results. The flat soles of my ugg boots totally unglued themselves, each one on separate dates; I used this glue and they were restored to its original goodness with little effort. I've also used this glue with a pair of flat leather boots whose point was unglued and the results weren't that good because, although the point got glued, there is still a gap with the dry glue visible, which looks horrible.  

This isn't an instant glue that seals surfaces on contact. This glue needs of some pressure on the shoes to make the parts being sealed make contact. I can put a rubber band and some pressure on my ugly homey boots or cheap shoes, but doing so with my good shoes isn't an option because it will deform or damage them.  The results are great for shoe flat parts not as much for small edges or points.

I love the smell of this glue; it reminds me of bygone cobbler shops.