1/04/2016

JB Hi-Fi

I have bought a few things from JB, the last ones a travel notebook, a mouse, and a mp3 player as they were cheaper than elsewhere. They always have great discounts, so I tend to browse their website when I am looking for specific items.

Unlike other electronic shops where I pop up regularly to see what they have in store and browse around, JB Hi-fi  stores seem to be uninviting, sombre places, overcrowded with stuff or just the layout not well thought to favour movement and exhibition of products. They are also short of knowledgeable staff too often, and short of staff in general also often. 


Although along the years I have found nice staff at JBHF, the norm for me has been just finding the unhelpful, uninterested unfriendly staff, so nothing that invites me to visit any more than I strictly need and when their prices are cheaper than elsewhere. Some of the guys on the floor don't really know anything about anything they sell, others do, so if you are unlucky enough to get one of the baddies, they can easily mislead you. I have also seen patronising attitudes towards people of a certain age or women because, in their silliness, some of them think they know something, when in fact they don't. I have found the people at the cash out and managers usually lovely, friendly and very helpful.

The most annoying thing is that there aren't sample mice to use and test on the tables in the stores, so you cannot test them for size, heaviness and comfort, and have to buy them, go home and, if not a fit, return it, and do the same with other mouse until you find one that fits. If you are looking for a work mouse, choosing the right mouse for you might take you to test several mice, so I wonder what's the convenience of having to go three times to the store.

They have one of the worse branding ever. Unmistakable, that is good. Cheap looking, bordering tasteless, that is not good. 

In a nutshell --  They have good prices but outdated shops and bad service overall.