10/08/2014

Regent Cakes (Northbridge, Perth WA)


 Shop 10, 45 Francis Street
Northbridge, WA 6003
Phone: 08 9227 8081
Facebook
Hours
  Mon-Fri: 9:30am-6:00pm
  Sat-Sun: 10:00am-5:30pm
  Wed: Closed



Regent Cakes on Urbanspoon 

You have certainly passed many times by it and not noticed. It is by the Northbridge Post Office in Francis Street, tiny-winy place.

I am a fan of Regent Cakes because of the fluffiness of their sponges, the soft creaminess of their creams and mousses, their level of sweetness (not too sweet, right for me) and the ever-changing cakes slices. I hate iced cakes or icing in general, so I am happy to go to bakeries where I am the icing on the cake :)



I am not into their buns, but I have gone endless times to Regent Cakes for my lunch break to get my sweet fix, and they have always delivered in taste, freshness and variety. They have always new additions or variations on the same cake, which always makes me happy.

Sizing is perfect for me, something you can easily eat with your coffee or as a complement to your light lunch, and they are never heavy on your stomach.
 

They are not sophisticated upper end cakes, but simple, fresh tasty ones prepared on the spot every day. They also prepare tarts and big cakes on order.

Prices for the slices are ridiculously good, 3.80 bucks for a slice of cake is just fantastic, or perhaps dangerous for your curves. 

I have always had a terrific experience with the staff. They are super-friendly and so very lovely every time I visit.

I would like them to provide customers with plastic spoons, at least on request, as some cakes are a way tricky to eat without it, and my nose gets clowned by the cake's cream :)

MIND
Their day off is Wednesdays!