6/13/2013

Cosmetics Now (International Online Shop)


"Cosmetics Now" is an international etailer with offices in the USA, Australia and the UK that sells male and female cosmetics, make-up, and fragrances. The Company is very similar to StrawberryNet and OzCosmetics, but I consider "Cosmetics Now" an upgraded version regarding the looks of the site, and the number of beauty and perfume houses available in the site. Prices are very similar to the other two etailers, but they  have regular discounted specials. 

Let's take one example:
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion pump 125 ml
> Retail Price in Australia: $74
> Cosmetics Now: $46 ($42 on special)
> OzCosmetics: $46
> StrawberryNet: $48

What makes "Cosmetics Now" a stand-out for me is the fact that they have niche perfumes for sale. Niche perfumes! They are not cheap, but certainly cheaper than at your local perfumery, even with the extra fee you pay for shipping. Some of them are not available for sale in Australia and/or in Perth. The good thing is not only the good prices, is that you won't have to stand the rudeness of any shop assistants, as it happened to me last time I decided to visit my local perfumery. Some of the niche perfume houses available are: Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Amouge, Robert Piguet, E. Coudray, Etro, L'Artisan Perfumeur, Il Profumo, Maitre Perfumeur et Gantier, and many others. Not all of these houses' perfumes are available, and the ones on offer sell fast; if the one you are seeking is available, you will save a  bunch of dollars.   

Placing your order and checking out is extremely easy and no-fuss. You can pay with your credit card and Paypal. Shipping is free for all products, except for the perfumes -this is a difference with the other two etailers- and you will be charged a $10 fee.

Their email Customer service is very friendly, but a bit slow, and misinformed at times. I asked about a niche perfume I was interested in; I was told that the product was not available in their warehouse and it would not be back on sale. I was surprised at hearing such a bold statement. About three weeks later, the perfume was back in stock! In case of need, call their 1300 number in Australia or the company number in your country of residence.

Registering as a member is always convenient. "Cosmetics Now" has a Wish List, which always comes handy. They state in their website that they will email you when any out-of-stock item in the list is back for sale; however, I did not receive any email. They also have a reward points system (expenditure pro-rated), which you can exchange for discounts at your next check-out. 

My product was dispatched the day after I placed my order, and two tracking links (International and Australia Post's) were provided right away. I got it at home four days later! If you aren't at home they will take it to your nearest Post Office. 

I have read some reviews on damaged packaging and odd things regarding the products received. I can only say that this was my first experience shopping with "Cosmetics Now", that the product I received was genuine, arrived in perfect conditions in record time, and it is something I could not get in Perth and Australia at all. There you have it! 

UPDATE JANUARY 2015
I have to correct some of the info provided above. 
> Since this review was written I have been emailed regularly bout items in my wish list being back in stock, which did not happen when I first reviewerd this place. > Also, they regularly send you updates of your point rewards system, usually monthly.
> Their service has always been excellent, and I cannot recommend them enough.