1/17/2013

Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms (Bangkok, Thailand)


Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms 
Level 4, Concourse G (West Side)
Suvarnabhumi International Airport, 
Bangkok, Thailand
Ph: +66-2-134-6565-6
Website
Email


If you have a lot of waiting between flights, need to have a rest and take a shower, this might be your place.

 
 PROS
+ Located within the Airport and seconds away from restaurants and cafes.
+ Easy to drop by or book online.
+ Bookings by hours (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) or overnight.
+ Simple but very clean and pleasant rooms. There is an offer of standard, superior and suite rooms.
+ Free all-day self-service light breakfast included.
+ Basic Toiletries provided, as well as two complimentary bottles of water and two mini-snacks.
+ Super-friendly and helpful cleaners and housekeeping ladies.

+ Spotless clean facilities.
+ Free unlimited Internet.
+ Electric adaptors provided if required.
+ Good selection of International TV channels.
+ TV includes monitor of flight departures and arrivals.
+ Very pleasant and quiet dinning area.
+ There is a massage shop, spa, and hairdresser's within the hotel.
 
+ They have the coolest water taps on the planet.

CONS
- Service at the desk is sometimes unfriendly and/or lacking. I didn't feel welcome in my two visits. Desk staff can also misinform. Example, I asked for my flight's gate, as the TV display in the dinning area only showed the flights departing the following hour. I was told that my flight's gate wasn't displayed because it was too early. I went to my room, and try to verify that in my flights monitor to find that the gate was already displayed.
- This is an average three star hotel, but it is way overpriced for Thailand, especially if you pay for a small number of hours.
- Booking online doesn't guarantee that your room will be available at the time you specified when booked it. My experience. I was informed that my room was being cleaned when I arrived.
- Money Deposit of 500 Baths (20 bucks, approximately) required as a key deposit.
- The breakfast is not good. The sort of thing you find in backpackers hotels - continental bad quality breakfast. 


MIND
& Although you provide your credit card when you book online, your card won't be charged, and you'll have to pay at arrival.

& There are several Louis' Tavern VIP lounges scattered throughout the airport, but the hotel is on the 4th floor.
 

RECOMMENDATION
If you need to stay overnight, better go to any of the hotels within the airport area. They all offer free transfer shuttle, you pay about the same price, but you get a de-luxe hotel by the same price. I've stayed at one of them in the past, and it was fantastic.