11/13/2015

Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Dual Sim Unlocked GT-19060

This phone was released internationally about 3 years ago, when I purchased it, but the realease was not global. I think Samsung did so on purpose. Because, let me tell you, this is an awesome phone for a trifle of a price and has many of the features of a good  galaxy S3!

Soundly built, tough, durable, the Galaxy Grand Neo DS has a roomy 5in screen, a good image resolution and colours, fluid touch and responsiveness, and it is quite flat and lightweight. Some of the Samsung pre-installed apps are fabulous, like the voice recorder and the memo and calendar. 

This phone is for you if you:
 > If you have a budget and your life doesn't revolve about your phone, but you want to enjoy browsing, have a good bunch of apps and light games. 
> You regularly use 2 SIM cards (one for calls, another for data; one for work another for home; one for your country another for your holidays overseas). I find the dual SIM so useful, and I have experienced so many advantages having this system, that I don't want to go back to a 1 SIM card only phone again.
>You want to switch between SIM cards easily, and be able to receive data or calls when you are using the other one.

MIND
= When you have the two SIM cards installed, the secondary one will only have GSM capability, while the primary will be WCDM/GSM capable.


DOWNSIDES
> Mostly the RAM memory, so you cannot download too many bulky apps or too many apps in general.
> The Camera is just OK, not good quality and terrible in interiors or when there is poor lighting.
> One thing that annoys me is the network range antena, so I loose my connection when I am in the metro or in the basement of a shopping centre, and switching on/off data usage is not that fast. Besides, when I use the flight mode, once I turn it back on, my Internet settings are not working and I have to reset them. It could be my carrier, but this does not happen with my new phone and I use the same carrier.


TIPS
= The lateral window tab can sometimes interfere with the keyboard when you are writing (most annoying!), so you need to reposition the bar manually by pressing it a bit down and sliding your finger up or down to the position you want.
= Vibration or silent mode saves you tons of energy.
= If you want to use your phone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot, press the Wi-Fi Hotspot button in the toggle bar and follow the simple instructions written on the screen. Tadah!